Activate Graphics Card
NVIDIA proprietary drivers.
If your computer has an NVIDIA graphics card, you will need to use the official proprietary driver software in order to take full advantage of its features in Zorin OS.
You can do this by selecting to use the "Try or install Zorin OS (modern NVIDIA drivers)" option when booting the Zorin OS USB Install Drive.
Afterwards, simply complete the normal installation process, which you can learn more about here: How to install Zorin OS
If you have already installed Zorin OS to your computer without selecting to use the modern NVIDIA drivers (as above) you will need to install the correct version of the NVIDIA drivers for your graphics card. Please make sure that you are connected to the Internet before installing these drivers.
- Open the Zorin Menu and go to "System Tools" → "Software Updater"
- After the Software Updater has finished checking for updates, please click on "Settings…"
- Navigate to the "Additional Drivers" tab.
- After a moment, you should see a list of graphics drivers available for your computer. Please select the radio button beside the newest or recommended version of the "NVIDIA driver" to activate this driver software.
- Click "Apply Changes". This will start downloading and installing the NVIDIA proprietary drivers.
- After the installation completes, you will need to restart your computer.
Zorin OS should now start using the NVIDIA graphics drivers.
AMD Radeon drivers.
If you have a modern AMD Radeon graphics card (from 2013 or newer), Zorin OS already comes pre-loaded with the official open source "AMDGPU" and "Radeon" drivers. No additional setup is needed.